As of today (July 7th, 2017), Indian passport holders (along with 38 other countries) are eligible to apply online for e-visas to Ethiopia.
Website to apply at: https://www.evisa.gov.et/#/home
- e-Visa application fees are not refundable
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia.
- A passport size photo and scanned copy of passport is required.
- Currently we are issuing single entry tourist visas only.
- Currently, we allow travelers with e-Visa to enter Ethiopia via Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Entry via other ports of entry is not allowed.
- The validity of Ethiopian e-Visa starts from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia not from date of issue.
- If you are not national of the countries listed as ‘Eligible countries’ or ‘Country of Residence’ and you claim that you have permanent residence permit in one of these countries, you are required to upload the residence permit while submitting your application and you must show it to the Immigration officers on your arrival at the entry point.
What is the processing time for Ethiopian e-Visa?
Under normal circumstances, the e-Visa processing time is up to 3 days though it can be earlier. So, it is advisable to apply at least 3 days before your departure.
How much is the Ethiopian e-Visa fee?
The payment fee for Ethiopian e-Visa is as follows: For single entry up to 30 days, USD 50 plus processing fee of USD 2, USD 52 in total. For single entry up to 90 days, USD 70 plus processing fee of USD 2, USD 72 in total. We are issuing single entry tourist visas online only for the time being.